FACEBOOK FUNDRAISING TOOLKIT
Here’s how you can create your own fundraiser for CCIJ:
CCIJ will use donations for activities such as in-person community events, visits to detention centers, and advocacy campaigns responding to the needs of individuals in detention.
PLEASE notify us if you have created a Facebook fundraising page in support of CCIJ via email: info[@]ccijustice.org. Thanks!
1. During the first in-person vigil for the FreeTheYuba11 campaign CCIJ & partner orgs asked people what they thought could happen if the contract between ICE and Yuba County Jail didn’t exist. This post-it was written by one of the family members of someone detained. Comunidades seguras- safe communities, it reads.
2. On October 30 CCIJ and partner organizations were going to hold a vigil for Ricardo, the last person detained at Yuba County Jail. We were so excited when we found out he was being released and that the vigil would turn into a celebration! He’s in the back with his hand up as the crowd cheers for his liberation.
3. This is one of the posters that was put up during Ricardo’s celebratory vigil. It reads “Communities, not cages” and hangs on a fence that separates a construction site from the rest of the park. To the right, a man and a child peek through the fence.
4. Ricardo and Fredy, both previously detained at Yuba County Jail see and hug each other for the first time as free men!!!
5. Katie, Senior Attorney at CCIJ and her client sharing quality time at Ricardo’s celebratory vigil. Katie’s client was also previously detained at Yuba County Jail.
6. Ricardo speaks at his celebratory vigil after being the only person detained at Yuba County Jail and the last person to be released.
The picture you see above is [DESCRIBE THE PICTURE USING INFO FROM CAPTION ABOVE AND WHY YOU CHOSE IT, WHY DOES IT & CCIJ MEAN SOMETHING TO YOU?]
CCIJ believes in the power of connecting community organizing, advocacy and legal services in order to move forward strategies for liberation on individual and systemic levels. With your help CCIJ can continue to fight for the liberation of immigrants in detention.
I want to help CCIJ raise [AMOUNT YOU CHOOSE]. Can you help us reach that goal? Your contribution will make an impact whether you donate $5 or $500. Every little bit helps.
Facebook pays all the processing fees for you, so 100% of your donation goes directly to CCIJ.
Thank you for your support!